Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Would beauty salons/spas employ freelance massage therapists for 1-2days a week or r these jobs all fulltime?

(this question is particulary aimed at managers and supervisors of salons and spas)Would beauty salons/spas employ freelance massage therapists for 1-2days a week or r these jobs all fulltime?
I'm not a manager/ supervisor, but my friend works at a spa where she only works 3 days a week. I guess it just depends on the specific place.Would beauty salons/spas employ freelance massage therapists for 1-2days a week or r these jobs all fulltime?
they are full time but they wouldnt employ u coz they dont like u so go home
im not amanager but i think it all depends on where you look?
I know some do, specially if you are any good, the gym I go to does.
It is possible. Ask around, put in resumes and applications, it can never hurt. And once you do get your resume in, call the spa at least every other day. WHY? Because calling up and asking if they've heard anything from your application tells them you're interested. AND it also bugs the hell out of them and reminds them you're still here.





That's how I got a job once, that had orgionally been filled. I called several times a week until I was told that the posistioin was filled, BUT two months later when the person quit, I was called and asked if I was still interested. The person said I'd called so much that it was obvious I wanted the job.





Another lady I worked with was wanting to train to be a dental assistant. The dentist she applied to said she wasn't qualified, not trained, ect. or didn't need one at the moment. BUT, she called every single day. Soon, they gave her an interview just to shut her up. lol. But, it worked. He liked her enough to train her as a dental assistant.





My point is, that even if someone says ';no, they won't hire you'; sometimes once you get your foot in the door they find things about you they do like, like a good personality, and they keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment